Microchipping your pet is one of the best things you can do to keep them safe and secure. A microchip is a small, electronic device that is implanted under your pet’s skin, usually between the shoulder blades. It contains a unique identification number that can be scanned by a veterinarian or animal shelter. If your pet ever gets lost, the scanner will be able to read the microchip and contact you so that you can be reunited.
Here are some of the benefits of microchipping your pet:
- Increased chances of being reunited if lost: Studies have shown that pets with microchips are up to 20 times more likely to be reunited with their owners than pets who are not microchipped. This is because microchips are permanent and cannot be lost or removed, unlike collars or tags.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your pet has a microchip can give you peace of mind knowing that there is a good chance they will be returned to you if they ever get lost.
- Easy to do: Microchipping is a quick and easy procedure that can be done by your veterinarian. It takes just a few seconds and is no more painful than a vaccination.
- Affordable: The cost of microchipping varies depending on your location, but it is typically a very affordable investment.
If you are a pet owner, I encourage you to microchip your pet. It is a small investment that could make a big difference if your pet ever gets lost.
Here are some additional tips for microchipping your pet:
- Make sure to keep your contact information up to date with the microchip company. This way, if your pet is ever scanned, the company will be able to contact you quickly.
- Register your pet’s microchip with multiple databases. This will increase the chances that your pet will be found if they ever get lost.
- Don’t forget to keep your pet’s collar and tags up to date with your current contact information. Even though microchips are a great way to identify your pet, they are not a replacement for collars and tags.
At Flexpet, we care about you and your pets. We want to help you keep them as healthy as possible. Our Flexpet joint care supplements are highly reviewed and they are made in the USA from human-grade US-sourced ingredients. Not only do they repair joints, but they also boost pets’ energy levels. Our fantastic and knowledgeable customer care team is available to answer any of your questions about our joint supplement products and how they may help your dog or cat. You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email, or contact us by phone at 1-800-505-0575.